Do you want to be a part of team that is dedicated to your success and growth as a professional? Do you want to be part of building a company that inspires people to be great? For over 35 years ACYR has helped prepare the next generation of worker. We are a non-profit community based organization dedicated to providing services and support for low-income young adults needing assistance completing their education and gaining employment. ACYR programs are youth centered and adapted to address a broad range of needs. ACYR programs provide safe and supportive environments that foster independence and personal growth for young adults as they build on existing strengths.
Great Career Opportunities
ACYR ideal candidates will be outgoing self-starters who excel at working independently and in teams while meeting deadlines with highly focused attention to detail. Our work environment is team-oriented, fast paced and fun. We encourage ALL of our employees to grow with the company and to become part of our success story. That’s why your success is ours! We support and encourage our employees by:
providing an ongoing training program.
developing and promoting from our hourly entry level positions when applicable.
helping our employees to continue/meet their personal and education goals
promoting participation in the development and healthy growth of ACYR and its many programs
Competitive Base Salary with Paid Training
Comprehensive Medical benefits, Dental & Vision discounts
Simple IRA with company matched funds
Supplemental Insurance available through Humana or AFLAC
Two Weeks Paid Vacation, to start
16 hours of Personal Time Yearly
12 Days of Sick Leave Yearly
11 Paid Holidays, which includes your Birthday!
Automatic 5% Salary Increase upon successful completion of the Introductory Period.
To apply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
At ACYR, our mission drives us, and you’ll see this in our desire to help others reach self-sufficiency. We align our thinking on three values: youth-centered, accountable and quality-driven programming. Our programs are all developed using positive youth development principles, and encourages effective staff-youth partnerships
Overview of Objectives
To plan, prepare and deliver courses in their entirety within set time constraints as outlined in the curriculum. Responsible for providing to students standards-based education in accordance with established educational requirements and student need.
Must hold a bachelor’s degree in appropriate subject area or hold a bachelor’s degree with 24-plus semester hours of study in appropriate subject area. Strong communications skills are critical, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to work independently and part of a team. Ability to commit to teamwork and establishing effective working relationships. Willingness to consistently display a positive attitude and image of the agency, as well as provide high quality, effective customer service in all facets of communication. Must consistently engage in learning and developing new skills and approaches. Understands and utilizes positive youth development practices in all levels of work.
Experience working with at risk youth a plus. Bi-lingual bi-cultural a plus. Ability to be flexible as specific tasks will change with the evolution of the program. Acceptance of individual differences in people. Awareness of one’s capabilities and limitations. Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in standards-based education and training; experience in curricula integration and alternative teaching strategies.
Must have a reputation for honesty and trustworthiness. Misdemeanor and/or felony convictions may be disqualifying depending on type, number, severity, and how recent. The background check will consist of a reference checks, employment, and education, and criminal background search, Email verification with the Arizona Department of Education’s Investigations Unit for any ongoing investigation or open incident that have not been resolved. This check will be initiated by ACYR’s Resource Manager and a contract offer is contingent upon a “no ongoing investigation and/or no unresolved issue(s)” response from ADE.
ACYR is an at-will employer and any offer of employment with ACYR is contingent upon a successful completion of said background check.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid Arizona State Teacher’s Certification (9-12) in appropriate subject area
- Valid Arizona Identity Verification Print Card (Fingerprint Clearance Card)
- NES/AEPA Content Certificate
- Reading Endorsement
- SEI or ESL or Bilingual Endorsement
- Copy of complete transcripts
All staff is responsible to meet agency goals and objectives outside of their responsibilities to the program they are a part of. Those responsibilities include; attending all ACYR mandatory training, agency functions and events, knowledge of ACYR mission, vision, programs and program goals. Embodying the mission in all aspects of job performance by 100% participation in agency fundraising efforts, continuous self-improvement, and communicating effectively at all levels.
- To plan, prepare and deliver courses in their entirety within set time constraints as outlined in the curriculum. Responsible for providing to students standards-based education in accordance with established educational requirements and student need. Must be Highly Qualified in Government, History and Economics, no exceptions.
- Prepare course curriculum to include goals, objectives, methods, assignments, references and instructional aids; plan and prepare lesson plans.
- Develop and implement individual student education plans; assess student achievement and revise educational plans as necessary.
- Deliver course content and interact with students through a variety of instructional methods that address multiple learning styles.
- Document students’ progress and achievement, maintaining accurate and complete student records; grade and record all student assignments in a timely manner and submit grades to Registrar at the end of each grading period.
- Monitor the talents, special abilities, disabilities, deficiencies or problems of each individual student; assist students when necessary to enhance learning skills and complete projects.
- Promote and foster each student’s positive self-esteem and individual development toward their fullest potential in the areas of physical, social, emotional and cognitive growth.
- Establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with all students, parents/guardians and colleagues.
- Interface with colleagues and school administrative staff to assure consistency with the educational philosophy and goals of the school.
- Attend in-service training, conferences, staff meetings and parent/guardian meetings as required.
- Compile and report statistical data that demonstrates student and school progress
- Implement effective classroom management strategies to ensure an environment that is conducive to learning.
- Maintain equipment and materials in safe and efficient manner; maintain classroom and storage areas in a neat and orderly manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The Director of Programs (DOP) is a dynamic, strategic leader that directs efforts to help youth (age 14-24) develop the skills they need to prepare for and enter college and careers. He/she possess extraordinary vision and entrepreneurial acumen and the ability to strategically develop and manage complex and diverse programming in education, leadership and workforce development to keep ACYR programs state of the art, unique, and research based. Responsible for building upon ACYR’s history of success and strong foundation for best practices in youth development, empowerment and community leadership and for maintaining our status as leaders in youth development locally and nationally. Key to the Director’s success will be his/her ability to dynamically and successfully cultivate and build critical relationships necessary for program/organizational growth. Must be driven by a sense of compassion, respect, love and belief in the enormous potential of young people.
The Director of Programs position is an essential leadership role at ACYR and will work in partnership with the Development Director, Marketing/PR Coordinator, Marketing Director and the CEO. The DOP must be able to learn, stay abreast of, analyze and navigate Department of Labor (WIOA Youth/Adult Education/YouthBuild) and Department of Education (Charter School/Drop Out Recovery) legislation and be able to inform and educate all Program Managers regarding this within ACYR.
The Director of Programs works effectively to meet the program’s ambitious impact goals. S/he will:
- Bring and maintain ongoing expertise in the fields of youth development, job and college readiness, volunteerism and civic engagement.
- Develop a vision for program excellence and growth to enhance the organization’s visibility and influence.
- Fully develop the yearly plan of action for programs to achieve ACYR’s mission, to include – goals, strategies and tactics.
- Consult with CEO and administrative staff with developing yearly work plans, budgets and strategic planning; assists management with the implementation of approved work plans and budgets to achieve planned results or takes corrective action as required.
- Oversee the development and ongoing improvement of program curriculum.
- Assess and evaluate the programs structure, staff and functions. Make changes where necessary to ensure that programs and operations are effective and that collaboration, communication and accountability are the norm. Measure efficacy of service delivery with a clear sense of metrics.
- Achieve maximum growth in ACYR programs’ direct impact with focus on our philosophy and strategies for promoting continuous improvement of programs to ensure high quality.
- Evaluate programs for impact by assessing the available measures to include but not limited to: number of clients served, a completed degree or certificate, continued education, gainful employment and whether program was successfully exited.
- Effectively convey ACYR program’s impact internally within ACYR and to key stakeholders.
- Lead, recruit, train, and retain a high functioning team of staff members capable of implementing our mission with progressive expertise in programming, training, teaching and leading.
- Effectively manage a multimillion-dollar budget ensuring that programs operate on a sound fiscal basis.
- Work with partners to ensure excellence in program delivery – from participant recruitment to evaluation of impact.
- Work closely with program funders and established leaders in the city/county.
- Effectively engage and measure engagement of skill-based volunteers as program mentors, coaches and supporters of young people. Serve as needed as ACYR’s spokesperson for programs at speaking events and occasionally in the media.
- Monitors program and contract goals and progress to make sure contract objectives are met. Insures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws governing business and program operations.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Education, Counselling, Criminal Justice, Community Development or equivalent degree.
- 5 years’ experience leading and directing youth programs in one or more of the following areas: youth development, dropouts, runaway and homeless youth, gang involved youth, foster care, education, drug and alcohol counseling, mental health services, suicide prevention, or sexual assault.
- Minimum of 5 years proven supervisory experience and a passion for working with youth.
- Dynamic leadership abilities and experience in maintaining organizational systems for tracking program information are highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience with contract and budget management.
- Valid Arizona Level II fingerprint clearance card, valid Arizona Driver’s License and use of insured personal vehicle for agency business.
- Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
- Develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
- Resolves difficult or complicated challenges.
- Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Uses mathematical techniques to calculate data or solve practical problems.
- Sees the big, long-range picture.
- Aligns the direction, products, services, and performance of a business line with the rest of the organization.
- Promotes organizational mission and goals, and shows the way to achieve them.
- Uses knowledge of the organizational and political climate to solve problems and accomplish goals.
- Follows fiscal guidelines, regulations, principles, and standards when committing fiscal resources or processing financial transactions.
- Grasps the meaning of information and applies it to work situations.
- Understands and learns from what others say.
- Conveys ideas and facts orally that uses terminology the audience will best understand.
- Conveys ideas and facts in writing that uses terminology the reader will best understand.
- Bi-Lingual skills a plus.
- Structures and directs others’ work on projects or programs.
- Enables cooperative and productive group interactions.
- Convinces others to follow recommendations and advice to bring them into compliance with regulations, standards, or policies
- Influences others to act in support of ideas, programs, or causes.
- Enforces governmental laws, rules, policies and regulations, and ensures enforcement in a way that is fair, objective, and reasonable.
Interaction with Others
- Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Influences others to be excited and committed to furthering the organization’s objectives.
- Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Helps create a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity.
- Effectively deals with difficult conversations or situations when they arise.
- Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight.
- Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Manages own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals.
- Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations.
- Diplomatically handles challenging or tense interpersonal situations.
- Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the services offered by the agency.
- Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Gets the job done.
This job description does not list every job responsibility and the employee may be asked to perform other duties as necessary. The incumbent’s performance will be based in part on his/her performance of the duties outlined in this job description. This job description is not a contract for employment and the incumbent or ACYR may terminate employment at any time, for any reason, furthermore, ACYR has the right to change this job description at any time.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Only those candidates with the experience and qualifications that correspond to our requirements may be contacted by a member of our hiring department. All inquiries on the status of your application should be made through email@example.com.