Every dollar pledged for our Birdies For Charity Event comes right back to ACYR to support 1,500 young adults in our community to earn educational credentials and learn skills to find meaningful employment.
How To Participate
Visit: Birdies for Charity and Select “Donate Now”
- Select “Per Birdie Pledge” or “Flat Rate Donation” Then select “Continue”
- Enter Your Information select “Continue”
- Select “Continue” to complete your pledge or flat donation.
- Click Pledge or flat rate donation.
- Choose “Arizona Center for Youth Resources – ACYR” as your charity.
- If a staff or board member asked you to donate, please enter their name in the text box, “Name of athlete or Student requesting donation.”
Select your payment option to complete your donation.
About The Program
In association with Thunderbird Charities & The Waste Management Phoenix Open, The Birdies For Charity program centers around the PGA TOUR professionals making birdies – lots of them – during the tournament. PGA TOUR professionals have averaged about 1,500 birdies during tournament play.
HOW DO BIRDIES MEAN BUCKS?
You can make a local charity a big bucks winner by making a pledge in the Birdies For Charity competition at the 2021 Waste Management Phoenix Open! That’s because participating charities will receive every single penny of collected pledges.
BIRDIES CAN ALSO MEAN BONUS BUCKS?
Charities can receive a 10% BONUS on the total amount of pledges collected on their behalf during the 2019 Waste Management Phoenix Open Birdies For Charity Program. It’s as simple as it sounds. Example: If Charity A collects $20,000 in pledges, Charity A will receive 10% of that, or $2,000, for their charity courtesy of Thunderbirds Charities.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE IN BIRDIES FOR CHARITY?
Simply pledge one cent or more for every birdie that will be made by the PGA TOUR players, Thursday through Sunday of the 2021 Waste Management Phoenix Open. It’s estimated that between 1,300 and 1,800 birdies will be made. Inclement weather may affect the total.